Typhoon & Rainstorm Procedures
【Tropical Cyclone Warning and Rainstorms Warning Signals】
Effective from the 1st of Aug, 2016, the A.M. classes refer to the classes between 9:00am to 2:59pm, and the P.M. classes refer to the classes between 3:00pm to 9:00pm. When a warning signal is in force, the school will adhere to the following policies:
Classes will continue as usual during signal No. 1 or No. 3, or the Amber/Red Rainstorms warning is hoisted.
When Signal No.8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm Warning is in force:
- All scheduled A.M. classes will start as normal if signal No. 8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm warning is lowered before 6:59am.
- All A.M. classes will be cancelled if signal No.8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm warning is lowered after 7:00am.
- All scheduled P.M. classes will proceed as normal if signal No. 8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm warning is lowered before 12:59pm.
- All P.M. classes will be cancelled if signal No. 8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm warning is lowered after 1:00pm.
- ANY class that is in progress when Signal No. 8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm warning is pre-posted, the class will be continue.
Balletbean Dance Academy, in it’s judgment, may determine whether to continue or suspend any class(es) according to the actual situation. The above mentioned is Balletbean Dance Academy’s policy. However, in all instances of violent weather, parents should consider the safety of their children first and foremost, particularly their route to and from the class. There will be no make-up class and/or refund for a missed session under this circumstance.
Additionally, there will be no make-up classes and/or refunds for classes cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.